As with all emergencies our priorities for action are:
- The safety of personnel in the affected area or onboard the installation
- Minimising damage to equipment
- Minimising loss in production
For all natural emergencies, the Emergency Contingency Manual should detail the following:
- The influence each emergency can have on the operations
- How weather movements and changes will be effectively monitored
- An effective means of evacuating installation personnel to safety
In all cases, the decision to evacuate the installation should be made by the Installation Supervisor.
Was this article helpful?
What you need to know about… Project Management Made Easy! Project management consists of more than just a large building project and can encompass small projects as well. No matter what the size of your project, you need to have some sort of project management. How you manage your project has everything to do with its outcome.
Get My Free Ebook