Taper Tap Procedure
1) Plan this operation taking into account the following factors:
- The size of the taper tool should be selected in order to engage the fish with the middle of the tapered point.
- The taper taps do not allow free passage to the back-off tool.
- Excessive torque can damage the tapered thread and swell the top of the fish.
- It is nigh impossible to release the tool once engaged. For this reason its use has to be considered the last resort and only used after consultation with Eni-Agip Shore Base (Drilling Manager/Superintendent).
- Run the fishing assembly, complete with safety joint, space out as required and make up the Kelly.
- Lower the catching tool to just above the fish and circulate a few minutes to clean the top of the fish. Do not circulate excessively as this may enlarge the hole.
- To engage the fish, apply right hand torque. A gradual increase of back torque is an indication of successful operation.
- Chain or spin the pipe out of hole with the fish.
Was this article helpful?
This book will surely change your life due to the fact that after reading this book and following through with the steps that are laid out for you in a clear and concise form you will be earning as much as several thousand extra dollars a month, as you can see by the cover of the book we will be discussing how you can make cash for what is considered trash by many people, these are items that have value to many people that can be sold and help people who need these items most.
Get My Free Ebook