The operator can program the tool (on surface) for the parameters needed for a specific well. Some programmable features include:
- Data rate
- Order in which data is sent to surface
- Length of time in which sensors are sampled for acquiring data.
- Angle at which tool changes from magnetic updates to gravitational updates
- Type of data sent to surface (raw or calculated)
- Threshold at which the magnetic anomaly or vibration flag is set
- Which integrity checks are sent to surface after transmission of data
- Resolution of rapid tool-face updates (normally 2.0 degree every 12 seconds)
- Threshold for rotary mode. Tool-faces are not sent during rotary mode to conserve power consumption
Was this article helpful?